Thursday, May 31, 2012

A Happy Mother's Day

First let me apologize for the lapse in updates to the blog. I guess time has just been getting away from me. I have been working on some Derby stuff, we are having a bout on June 23 so come see me skate. Plus there have been parties and other activities to keep us busy.
Going for a hike with the baby n the  Kelty pack. Thanks to the Stephens family for passing this on to us. We love it.


I wanted to post about my first Mother's Day. We had a great day doing exactly what I wanted to do. We got outside in the sun shine, got some exercise and even had some time to pick wild asparagus. Let me tell you about this stuff! It is so good. Miles enjoyed chewing on the stems. All you have to do is roast it with a little olive oil and salt and pepper. It is AWESOME! It tastes like you smothered it in butter.
Dad giving the Kelty a go. Miles figured out he could grab at the hair on Dad's neck.

Miles playing in the grass

Grandpa Sam was in town and we went up to Chasley and Fessenden to check out his properties and hike around on the prairie. This is a great area to get outside with the dogs and let them run. Although, we have to keep the tracking collar on Willow because she runs out of sight and we usually have to track her down.
Grandpa Sam tending the trees on his property in Fessenden.

The only thing missing on my first Mother's day was the Dairy Queen Blizzard I requested. We drove by DQ that evening and the line was 10 cars deep and the parking lot was over capacity. Everyone and their mother (literally) was at DQ that night. So we just went back the next night and extended Mother's day a little longer.
Mom and baby on the prairie.

Well I hope all the moms out there had a great one. Especially those of my friends who had their first Mother's day. I am so glad I am a member of the Mommy club now.

No comments:

Post a Comment