Friday, November 18, 2011

Family's got the Funk

Well, this week we've got the funk! And not the good kind where we are jammin' with George Clinton. I mean the snotty nose, cough, congestion, sore throat type funk. It started with Aaron a few weeks ago. And as everyone with a family knows, it is only a matter of time until everyone gets sick. I started with a sore throat on Halloween. I knew I was in for it. I tried my best to keep it from Miles and was hoping that my breast milk would give him some antibodies to help fight of the cold. But alas the little guy got sick. It is tough seeing him coughing, I know it is uncomfortable for him. I could also hear the congestion in his chest when he breathed. So, I took Miles to the walk in clinic on Monday (we saw Dr. Muhs who delivered Miles) and they said to just wait it out and that I could give him some infant Tylenol to make him comfortable. They took an x-ray of his chest just to make sure he didn't have fluid in his lungs. That was ok, and they sent us on our way.
I love my Dad, but I hate it when he gets us sick.

Have you ever seen how they take a chest x-ray of an infant? It is a bit barbaric looking, but it doesn't hurt them. I found out it is called a "Pigg-o-stat". They sit the baby on this little seat that looks like a bicycle seat then enclose the baby in this clear plastic tube thing with his arms stretched above his head. They can then turn the baby on a swivel to get the angle they need for the x-ray. Miles was ok at first, then he started to wail, as any baby does when put in an uncomfortable and weird position. But we got trough it. I stayed with him and wore a led apron while they took the x-rays to try and comfort him.
Not Miles in this picture, but this is the devise they put him to take his chest x-ray

Aaron is over the sickness, but Miles and I are still working through it. The worst is over and now we are pretty much just dealing with the mucus breaking up and a lingering cough. We are hoping to feel closer to 100% by the weekend because Grandma and Grandpa Kross are coming for Thanksgiving!!! Grandpa Kross will be meeting Miles for the first time and we can't wait.
I gotta stay warm in my car seat when I'm sick so things don't get worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment