Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Halloween...a little late

Well, I know it's a little late to post about Halloween, but since I didn't start the blog until after Halloween, I wanted to do a little catch up. And if any of you know Miles' Mom (me) very well, you know that I LOVE Halloween and Miles will be dressing up until he is old enough to resist. Which if he is anything like me will never happen.

So I usually have a party at our house every year. But this year we had visitors the week before Halloween and with the new baby, we thought it would be easier on us and pretty cool to share the fun if we asked a friend to host the party this year. Our friends Justine and Andrew hosted the party this year in their new townhouse. Which was AWESOME. They were great party hosts and they let me take over their place with all my crazy Halloween decorations.
The family all dressed up at the Halloween party

So we brought Miles to the party. I was the Wicked Witch of the West and Miles was my flying Monkey. I wrapped Aaron's face in gauze and he was the Invisible Man. It came out quite well IMO. Well, Miles was pretty uncomfortable in his costume so he didn't stay in it long. I think he was starting to get sick too, so that was probably the cause of his fussyness that night.
Greeting Trick-or-Treaters on Halloween


Well, Halloween was actually on a Monday this year and we had plans to go to a Willy Wonka themed kid party at the Lutheran Church with our buddy Mur-Man and his mom. But Miles and I weren't feeling well, our cold was really hitting us that day. So we just stayed in and handed out candy to the trick-or-treaters. But, Mur-Man did come by and showed off his Monkey suit costume too.
Monkey Mur-Man and Miles

For the baby's first Halloween I was disappointed that I didn't get any great pictures of Miles in his costume the night of the party. I think it was mostly because of his mood. So I dressed him back up in his costume last week and took some good pictures.
Miles the flying monkey


Here is my confession. I don't prefer to buy costumes. I really get into Halloween and I love making my costumes. Well, this year I ended up buying my and Miles' costume. This is something I am not really proud of, but it was the easiest option for us this year. In the future, I plan to make our costumes. I love thinking back to when I was a kid and my Mom made all my Halloween costumes. I would love for Miles to have those same memories. Hope everyone had a fun Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment